As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, we at Dargues Gold Mine remain committed to following the advice of health professionals to ensure the health and safety of our people, contractors, the community and other external stakeholders.
Where possible, we have implemented precautionary and preventative measures within our workplace These measures include, but are not limited to:
• Screening of temperatures for all workers as well as a passive Health Screen Questionnaire on entry to site;
• Actively encouraging employees who are experiencing flu like symptoms to stay home;
• Ensuring employees or contractors who need to self-isolate in accordance with Government guidance do so;
• Reiterating the importance of respiratory and hand hygiene in the workplace;
• Increasing cleaning services onsite;
• Cancelling all non-critical domestic business travel; and
• Restricting site access to only essential personnel.
In addition to this, all non-operational employees who can work from home are being instructed to do so to avoid unnecessary human to human contact.
From an operational perspective, we are continuing to work through various scenarios to ensure we are able to minimise the impact to our daily operation.
COVID-19 is a global situation that is moving fast. We are and will continue to do everything we can to prevent the spread in our local community. We will continue to closely monitor all information and directives from local health professionals as well as the state and federal government. We will continue to update our plans and controls based on this advice and the evolving situation.